Cadogan, in partnership with the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, are delivering an exciting multi-million pound public realm programme on Sloane Street. The improvements include resurfacing and widening pavements and ‘greening’ the street.
These changes will create an elegant and welcoming environment for pedestrians, without compromising the street’s character and negatively impacting traffic flows.
We want to deliver a series of improvements that secure the success of sloane street by:
- Creating a greener street with significantly more new trees and shrubs, improving the environmental and sustainability impact;
- Enhancing the pedestrian experience along Sloane Street;
- Making Sloane Street the number one destination in the world for luxury fashion;
- Refreshing the fabric of the street with high quality traditional materials, including Yorkstone; and
- Enhancing traffic flows for vehicles using Sloane Street and discouraging noisy, speeding cars.
- Providing residents and businesses with better connectivity through upgraded broadband connections.
We will sensitively improve the street by:
- Creating a better experience for pedestrians;
- Introducing over one hundred new trees along with elegant, ornamental planting in new planters to help absorb airborne pollutants, provide a buffer between pedestrians and traffic and create a better, more welcoming environment;
- Installing traffic calming measures and increasing crossing points to reduce high traffic speeds and risks to pedestrians, discourage noisy speeding cars;
- Introducing sustainable urban drainage measures to better manage stormwater;
- Removing ‘street clutter’ including redundant service boxes and signposts;
- Renewing paving using traditional style materials such as York stone and installing consistent street furniture and lighting to enhance the character and appearance of the street.
Plan showing southern section (Sloane Square to Cadogan Gate)